Monday, June 6, 2011

Allie Update

Things in the Berndt house are going well.  Allie continues with her feeding therapy twice a week and her speech therapy once a week.  Her speech is coming along nicely but she still has a long way to go.  Allie can say 6-8 word sentences, however it can be very hard to understand what she is saying at times.  Chloe still understands her the best and I find myself asking Chloe, "What did Allie say".  As long as one of us knows what she wants, we are set.

I removed milk products from Allie's diet 3 weeks ago and we have seen no change in her.  Not one little thing has changed so I guess that's good.  I just started introducing milk again so I'll watch her closely to see if she has any type of reaction. 

Since allowing Allie to eat corn products again, her oral intake has increased.  Her oral intake it far from a typical 3 year old, however it's an increase and we are proud of her.  I have taken it upon myself to reduce her tube feedings to see if she will feel hungry without the feeds.  She has eaten slightly more with the reduced tube feeds but not nearly enough.  I don't want to reduce her feeds too much because she really has no room to lose weight.  She's already a peanut!

No decisions have been made yet in regards to the feeding clinics.  I am patiently waiting to hear back from both facilities.  I am pretty convinced that Allie needs a feeding clinic in order to eat more orally.  She is making great progress but she still has a very long way to go.  I'll keep you updated as to what we decide with the feeding clinic.

Here are a couple pictures of the girls in their kitty pool this weekend......

Allie always on the move

Chloe always ready with a smile

My girls

Chloe loved jumping into the pool

Yup, this is how it ended - Allie mad about something.  Armed crossed and attitude in full swing!



No comments:

Post a Comment