Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Day #5 - not so good

So, day #5 wasn't a good day for Allie's eating.  Seems as if whatever I offered her, she refused to eat.  She didn't even want to drink her milk.  This is the first day so far that Allie has not consumed a decent amount of calories.  I was nervous all day because I simply could not get her to eat.  However, today is a new day and she is doing great.  Actually she has consumed more calories already today than she did the whole day yesterday. 

Here is Allie's food breakdown yesterday:

10 cal - cereal
120 cal - Eo28 Splash
70 cal - Go-gurt
40 ca - banana
5 cal - bite of chicken nugget
60 cal - Eo28 Splash
20 cal - hot dog
30 cal - gummies
10 cal - fruit
365 - TOTAL CALORIES

I'm very excited to see Allie eating so many calories.  I'm so glad I made the decision to stop her tube feeds.  I know we still have a log road and just because she is eating right now doesn't mean she will continue to.  I know I will be counting her calories for a long time.  One thing I do know for sure though is that Allie no longer needs to be 99% tube dependent.  She may still need the tube but she is proving she can handle eating orally.

I'm relieved to see Allie eating more today and I'm hoping it keeps up.  This wean is like an emotional roller coaster for me and I never know when a new twist or turn will come.  However, I'm more than pleased with how everything is going and I'm so proud of little Allie!



No comments:

Post a Comment