Friday, November 12, 2010

To my delight, we had an uneventful day......

It was a very normal relaxing drama free day at our house yesterday. I'll take these kind of days anytime. The drama filled days are too stressful and who needs more stress in their lives - surely not me!!!!

Actually yesterday was extremely quiet. The girls and I ran errands in the morning and then came home and colored some pictures and read books. Before we knew it it was time for lunch. Allie was very adamant about wanting oatmeal for lunch today. I found it interesting because normally she could care less what food I put in front of her. Everyday I let the girls pick what they would like for lunch and almost always, Allie never has a preference. But today, she wanted oatmeal and she was getting it no matter what (according to her). Of course when she requests a certain food I give it to her so oatmeal she got. To my surprise, she actually age a small amount. I would say she ate about 15 small bites. Some of you may be thinking that's not a lot, but for little Allie Rae, that's a lot, trust me!! So, lunch went well and it always warms my heart a little to see Allie eat. Every time she eats, I always think......maybe a miracle is happening and she will continue to eat. And, every time I think that, I quickly realize at the next meal, there was no miracle and she continues to not eat. We went for supper tonight at Buffalo Wings and Rings and we got Allie some corn dogs and applesauce, she didn't eat much only about 2 bites of corn dog and 1 bite of applesauce. That's alright though, she had fun dancing in the booth and singing, "Jesus loves me yes I know, for the Bible tells me so". She loves that song and will gladly sing it for you when you see her.

Anyway, enough about food. I think part of the reason our day was so uneventful was because Allie slept all afternoon. She went down for a nap around 1:30 and I tried waking her up at 4:00 and she wanted nothing of it. Every time I would talk to her she would scream at me and cover her head with her blanket. Sassy - she must take after her dad because I would never do something like that. Finally at around 5:30, I was able to wake her up. I actually video taped it because I figured once she saw the camera, she wouldn't yell at me. She loves to be video taped!! I'm very concerned about how much she's sleeping. I'm praying she's just going through a growing spurt but of course we don't know for sure. All of her blood work came back normal yesterday so I don't know what to think. We see Dr. Brown again on the 22nd so I'll have to discuss it with him again so we can figure out what's going on. When Allie is awake, she is playing and giggling like normal so our Pediatrician wasn't too concerned but it's starting to concern me a lot. So, I'll have to start pushing for answers!

I met a friend on-line that has a daughter just like Allie. She lives in California and we got to talk on the phone Tuesday night. It was great sharing our daughters stories and I'm still amazed at how similar our daughters are. For so long I thought Allie was the only child that had the ability to eat but refused. All of our doctors made us seem "strange" and basically couldn't give us any definite answers because they haven't seen a child like her. There is definitely comfort in knowing you are not alone in the world. Even though Ava (our new friend) is at a different stage in her tube feeding process, our medical stories are basically identical. Ava's mom, Stephanie was able to provide us with a lot of information in regards to how and what they feed Ava through her tube. Their feeding routine is very different than ours but just hearing their feeding regimen has opened my eyes to new ideas and options I never thought of. So, thank you Stephanie for sharing with us. I look forward to Allie's tube feeding adventure - even though deep down, I wish she would just eat! I'm so happy our families have crossed paths and we look forward to staying in touch. Everyone, make sure to check out "The Kelley Girls" blog - I have their link on the right side of my page.

Good luck to all the deer hunters and stay safe.  Hope everyone has a great weekend!

I tried to upload a video of me waking Allie from her nap yesterday but it wasn't working, so I'll end with a picture instead.  I'll try uploading the video later today.


Chloe and Allie in their new dresses from Grandma Mary & Grandpa Ray.  Thank you, the girls love them!






1 comment:

  1. Oh Jodi...it was great talking to you too!!! It is truly wonderful to have "met".
    I agree with you...the excessive sleeping is concerning. I wouldl always tell doctors about how much Ava slept and they would always blow me off.
    We seem to be past that phase. Ava was anemic and I started supplementing her iron and she started sleeping less.
    Just a thought.
    Glad it has been quiet for you...I hope it lasts!
    Steph

    ReplyDelete